A couple of days ago I mixed up a dark reddish colour and rolled this over the bottom half of the lino plate. I wiped some of the pigment away from the miner's coat area as I didn't want it to disappear entirely into the darkness. This gave a more gentle feeling of something disappearing into shadow rather than a harsh linear delineation of the coat, which I didn't want.
This morning I dabbed a little blue on the plate over the edges of the butterfly wings and then printed from this. I used a small paintbrush to apply the ink to the plate.
The finished print, 'Meadowhead'.
When it is dry I will do 'something' else to it, not sure what yet, to give it some kind of completion. I think it will make a nice complementary pair to my main edition of 10 prints of the miner emerging into, or thinking about, his wildflower meadow.