Monday 15 March 2010

WATER WATER...BUT NO TIME!!!!


Mum woke me in the early hours of this morning as we had briefly become the owners of a not so luxurious riverside residence! Well, not quite. A main had burst and Police were diverting traffic outside our gate (the road was blissfully quiet all morning) while a collection of worried Severn Trent workers gathered around the hubble-bubbling water that broke through the tarmac near the lovely old Victorian Post Office on the corner. There were news broadcast people outside my Uncle and Aunt's house (because the water had come up to their front door step) and Mum's friend called to say that no one was being allowed to walk into Great Bridge as she had seen cars submerged in the water.


I've begun a second job this week, hence only the smallest amount of progress on my drawing...


Creative time is like frayed rope at the moment and I'm clutching at strands finer than the lines produced by my dip pen nib.

No comments: